Job Title: Clinical Matron
Contract: Permanent Full Time
Location: Fairlie House, West Norwood SE27 0RW
Salary: £21.68 per hour (equates to £45,094 per annum pro rata)
Hours: 40 hours pw
So, you are eager to learn more about our Clinical Matron vacancy at our award winning and CQC rated “outstanding” home. Here are some of the reasons why it is a great time to join our team ...
• Established in 1999, we are a leading provider of nursing care to people living with complex neurological conditions, and often long-term nursing needs, including those requiring ventilator support and tracheostomies and altered states of consciousness.
• Fairlie House, our 45-bed home in West Norwood has recently been rated “Outstanding” by the CQC, something we are extremely proud to have achieved and continue to work hard to uphold.
• We are passionate and committed about delivering exceptional specialist nursing care and work hard to always maintain the highest standards of care and professionalism, whilst ensuring that our residents are enjoying the highest possible quality of life.
• Our nursing care and therapy services are individually tailored to the needs of each patient, in line with our six core values of dignity, privacy, choice, independence, rights and fulfilment.
• We are committed to supporting all our staff on their career journey and offer a comprehensive induction and on-going specialist in house and external training and development opportunities.
• We are centrally located in West Norwood and very close to public transport links with bus and train services within a 10-minute walk from our home.
That’s enough about us… let’s focus on you. Are you?
• An experienced practising Registered Nurse (RGN), hands on with prior experience of working within a specialist rehab service, a stroke unit, a neurology ward, or within an acute clinical care setting at a senior level either as a Senior Nurse or Deputy Manager (Band 6 equivalent), eager for the next step up in your nursing career?
• An energetic, positive team worker and role model with strong leadership qualities and confidence in your own clinical skills.
• Willing to learn new specialist skills required for the role if you do not already have them in your tool kit e.g., ventilator management and tracheostomy care.
• Able to motivate others and lead by example, as well as make decisions and solve problems.
• Passionate and committed to providing the highest quality of care possible for our patients and to service improvement.
• Possess a good working knowledge of CQC regulations and able to apply the 5 core principles of care in your nursing practice.
• Able to develop, support, guide and mentor your team. Ideally you will have prior experience of conducting clinical supervisions, staff appraisals and managing performance.
• Able to communicate to a high standard at all levels - this role involves attending senior management meetings, liaising with family members, the CQC, Safeguarding, etc.
Benefits on offer:
• Competitive salary of £21.68 per hr (equates to £45,094 per annum pro rata).
• Paid breaks and free meal provided whilst on duty.
• Accommodation available (£500 - £600 per month).
• 28 days annual leave including bank holidays.
• Free on-site parking.
• Free season ticket loan (after qualifying period).
• Cycle to work scheme.
• Auto enrolment pension scheme.
• Employee Assistance Program (24/7 Helpline) including counselling session if required.
• Occupational Health Service including provision of recommended vaccinations.
• Reimbursement of NMC registration and revalidation fees.
• DBS fee paid for.
• Clinical skills specialised updates.
• Clinical and management competency-based program to support nurse development and structured career progression.
• Continuous development opportunities, including sponsorship for professional and academic qualifications.
• Opportunities for conferences and presentations/publications.