Posted: 3rd December 2020
Job Title: Staff Nurse
Contract: Perm Full time /Part time (24 hours/40 hours per week)
Salary: £18:97 per hour (includes paid breaks payment) plus weekend unsocial hours payment
Location: Fairlie House, West Norwood SE27
Fairlie Healthcare has over 20 years’ experience and are a leading provider of nursing care to people living with complex physical and neurological conditions.
We operate two 45-bed homes in the South London area, Fairlie House located in West Norwood and Highfield House, located in Purley. Both homes are recognized as centres of excellence and have achieved the highest rating from the Care Quality Commission (CQC). We are also opening our third home, Woodstown House, a brand-new complex care centre in Banstead, Surrey so it’s a really exciting time to be joining us!
We’re currently recruiting for outstanding nurses (RGN/Adult Nurse) across our homes, ideally you will have several years nursing experience with a background of working in either Neuro ICU, Neuro Rehab, General ICU, Cardiac ICU, Trauma or HDU but we are open to nurses from other acute settings, as well as nurses who have recently returned to practice who have prior acute nursing experience.
If you are looking to work for an organization who are committed to the training and development of their staff and focused on ensuring our residents are enjoying the highest possible quality of life and care possible, then do not hesitate, apply now to find out more – we would love to hear from you.
What we are looking for:
· RGN/Adult trained nurse with active UK NMC registration.
. Degree in Nursing (Adult).
. At Fairlie House we are able to consider newly qualified nurses who have completed a 3rdyear placement in an acute ICU/Medical setting.
· Ideally you will have prior nursing experience from an acute background, and be used to caring for acute patients with complex neurological and respiratory nursing needs.
· Confident in your acute clinical nursing skills (Trach, Vent, non invasive vent, TPN, Pegs, Catheters, IV Meds, IV fluids, Infection Control, Wound Care).
· Completed Mentorship qualification, able to support and mentor students.
· Prior experience of managing junior staff, conducting appraisals, performance management, taking control of a ward and able to make decisions.
· Awareness of CQC regulatory requirements.
· Ability to communicate effectively across all levels and with a wide MDT.
In return we offer the following outstanding range of benefits:
· Accommodation available (£500-£650 per month)
· Salary £18.97 per hour (includes paid breaks payment) plus weekend unsocial hours payment
· 50p per hour extra when working weekends
· One and a half times basic hourly rate of pay for working bank holidays and double the basic hourly rate of pay for Christmas Day or New Year’s Day
· Paid breaks
· Opportunity to work day shifts only or night shifts only where possible
· Free meals when on duty
· Free uniform
· Free parking
· Minibus pick-up service from Purley station to Highfield House and similar service will be available when Woodstown House opens from key pick-up points
· Interest Free Season Ticket Loans after qualifying period
· Allocated time for CPD
· Support with NMC revalidation
· Clinical skills specialised updates
· Opportunities for conferences and presentations/publications
· Clinical and management competency based program to support nurse development and structured career progression
· Continuous development opportunities, including sponsorship for professional and academic qualifications
· 28 Days holiday (including Bank Holidays) pro rata for part-time staff
· Auto Enrolment Pension Scheme
· £1 extra per hour after 5 years service
· Refer a friend scheme (total £300 for referring HCAs and total of £1500 for referring a nurse after qualifying periods)
· Occupational Health Service including provision of recommended vaccinations
· Employee Assistance Programme 24/7 including counseling session if required
· Paid DBS
· Welcoming & supportive environment